I have played some match 3 type games (Bejeweled and the like) and was surprised to find out that they are very addictive, even though the gameplay is quite simple. I have thought about it and have been trying to figure out where does this addictiveness come from. In the end, I believe it's the chain reactions.
I started to design a game with the following in mind:
- crazy chain reaction - where the fun is
- not another match 3 type - boring
- enjoyable among family members and friends - instead of staring and flicking the phone/tablet ALONE
I am very proud of the result of few months of work. CRAYON is unique (at least to my knowloedge) and very fun to play. I hope you'll like it like I do.
Here is a video of two players
Here is the story of CRAYONs
CRAYONs (Color RAY photONs) is a newly discovered particle with polarity. It can carry a combination of red, green, and blue color photons. The photons combination determines the color of the particle.
CRAYONs follow some simple rules:
1. Positive CRAYON would connect to negative CRAYON of the same color.
2. When two CRAYONs connect, they produce a color ray and vanish.
3. A ray adds color to CRAYON, as color photons are absorbed.
4. With all three color photons, a fusion reaction transforms the CRAYON into a powerful energy.
Top scientists have set up a CRAYON from in the lab. In order to utilize the energy, they need a smarter person to perform the collection. You need to place a CRAYON into the farm and collect as much energy as possible while scoring, before the farm is overflowed and CRAYONs are leaked.
Be aware of some not-yet-fully-understood particles. Some of them can affect CRAYON, in a bad way.